Due to an increase in contracts, we are seeking to employ a Quantity Surveyor with relevant construction industry experience to provide effective commercial and financial management of refurbishment and heritage projects up to £3m in value. The role will be based within our office on the outskirts of the City of York, with some working from home flexibility.
Candidates must have extensive knowledge of all aspects of general building and refurbishment with experience in the heritage sector desirable. You must have strong commercial skills and the ability to drive projects forward, working with our contracts team to overcome challenges and successfully deliver projects.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- You must be able to handle numerous refurbishment and restoration projects at once.
- A full driving licence is essential.
- Be a competent negotiator.
- Have a good knowledge in terms of regulations, current materials, rates, prices along with good commercial and contractual awareness.
- Form and develop relationships with Clients and Design Teams, advising on all matters relating to contract and commercial issues.
- Maintain accurate financial control systems and report monthly on Cost/Value Reconciliation.
- Liaise with and advise on all financial aspects of contracts, ensuring that valuations are maximised, certified and paid on time.
- Carefully manage the administration of subcontractors to create longstanding relationships and promote dispute avoidance.
- Have a good understanding of current CDM 2015 Health and Safety requirements and modern methods of construction.
The role is full-time and salary will be commensurate with experience, skill level and qualifications.